for Students and academic Post-docs
You will be required to present either a poster or a submitted talk (selected for presentation) if you are awarded a scholarship for the meeting.
SMASH offers ~20-30 scholarships to support participation by graduate students and attendees holding academic post-doctorate positions.
A scholarship will provide one free registration for the meeting (if registration has already been paid, this will be refunded in full). For those awarded a scholarship who must undertake intercontinental travel to attend the meeting, an additional $500 will be provided to assist with travel expenses; this will be paid at the SMASH meeting itself.
How to apply: Just select “Yes” on the scholarships question when submitting our talk/poster abstract on-line.
- Applicants must be either a full-time student or hold a post-doctorate position in an academic institution.
- Applicants must submit a detailed abstract by the deadline specified (typically 1 full page) of the work to be presented.
- Scholarship recipients must register for the conference and present a poster or talk at the conference and be the main author.
- The scholarship will be provided as one free registration (or registration refund). Additional funds for Intercontinental travel scholarships will be paid at the meeting.
- Awards will be made directly to the applicants, not to any other person or institution.