To book your accommodation at the SMASH-negotiated prices, you must book using the Hotel Reservation form linked below.
Submissions after June 14th are subject to space availability.
If you are unable to fill the online form, save the excel file provided as PDF to your computer and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Hotel (meeting venue)
- €232,00/night (double room for single use, per room, per night)*
- €266,00/night (double room for double use, per room, per night)*
- €184,00/night (double for single use, per room, per night)*
- €218,00/night (double room for double use, per room, per night)*
*including breakfast and taxes (VAT) – €2/night/person local tax is not included
SMASH is working with the HPT group (email@example.com) who can help provide additional accommodation options if you would like to contact them.
You can drive, take a train or bus, or fly to Baveno (or even come by boat down Lago Maggiore from Switzerland for something a little different!)
FLY TO MILAN MALPENSA AIRPORT
If you are flying in we strongly recommend that you fly into Milan Malpensa (MXP) airport. Malpensa is much closer to Baveno than any other Milan airport, and takes <1 hour on public transport. Milan Linate Airport or Milan Orio al Serio Airport are much further away and the travel connections may take you several hours to negotiate.
MILAN MALPENSA AIRPORT (MXP) is strongly recommended to you. It is about 35 km from Baveno, and has very wide connections within Europe and to the rest of the world flight connections can be found here.
BUS FROM MILAN MAPENSA TO BAVENO
The regular SAF bus to Baveno is the cheapest option.
The service takes 1 hour to Baveno and will drop you within a few hundred yards of the Grand Hotel Dino.
Departs from: Terminal 1 Exit 4 stop 22
Cost: From 6.00 to 12.00€.
For more details, see this website or telephone SAF +39.0323.552172. This service can be booked by telephone or the form on the website by 11.00 am the day before the departure.
TRAIN AND TAXI FROM MILAN MALPENSA TO BAVENO
Go to Milan Central Station with the Malpensa Express and from there take a train to Stresa (search here for the train timetable) and then a taxi to Baveno (Travel time approx. 2.5 hours).
HIRE A PRIVATE CAR
Alternatively, if you like to arrange a private car/group van (with driver) we suggest to use the following service at Lagomaggiore Transfer
MILAN LINATE AIRPORT (LIN) is about 110 km far away and it is in the centre of Milan and difficult to get direct to Baveno (maps here).
From here you can either:
- travel to Malpensa airport by bus (>1 hour) and take the bus from there to Baveno (as above under MXP airport)
- Or a taxi (10 minutes) or a bus to Milan Central train station (see here for details) and from there the best 2 options are the following: 1) take the Malpensa Express train to Malpensa airport (about 1 hour): timetable at Malpensa Express (you could buy the ticket online ahead of time) and take the bus from there to Baveno (as above for the MXP airport); or 2) take a train to Stresa (about 1 hour, search here for the train timetable, you could buy the ticket online ahead of time) and then a taxi to Baveno (around 5 minutes).
MILAN ORIO AL SERIO/BERGAMO AIRPORT (BGY) is about 130 Km far away from Baveno but on the opposite side of Milan.
From there you could take directly a bus (you could buy the ticket directly on the buses and there are several options just outside of the Arrival, with RyanAir you could by the ticket also on the plane or at the starting airport) to Milan Central train station (> 1 hour) and from there the best 2 options are the following:
- take the Malpensa Express to Malpensa Airport and take the bus to Baveno (see above under MXP airpot)
- take a train to Stresa (search here for the train timetable) and then a taxi to Baveno .